Why does the rate of road traffic accidents rise during holidays? Is it spiritual as in demon like? Or maybe spiritual as in a powerful influence that increases errors? Any how, we have to do what we can do to reduce the risks. For that, we need to look closer at the recorded causes of accidents.
The police usually take account of this and they say the main causes of holiday accidents are;
- drunken driving,
- overtaking errors,
- failure to observe traffic rules and
- regulations and mechanical faults.
Why accidents may rise
Accidents during holidays occur due to the same things that cause accidents on other days. But holidays have a higher frequency. Since people travel a lot during holidays traffic increases. People also travel longer distances without checking the condition of their vehicles. Some people even drive cars they had parked for a long time. It also happens that during holidays, especially Christmas, the weather conditions change. The roads become wet and slippery. To top that, people develop a sense of urgency, stress and a carefree attitude. Did I mention the high alcohol consumption?
The precautions we can take
Here are some of the necessary steps you can take to reduce the risks of accidents.
- Check your car’s condition. Make sure its tyres can handle the wet roads.
- Avoid driving under harsh weather conditions
- Travel early, giving yourself sufficient time to get where you are going.
- Drive under the speed limit.
- You don’t know what the other driver is thinking or the other car’s condition. Never tailgate or drive aggressively.
- Keep your temper in check and try to avoid hurrying. If you find yourself yelling or wanting to yell at other drivers take this as a sign that you are losing it.
- Respect all road signs even when everyone else doesn’t seem to care.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Avoid distractions
- You will need to be fully alert so rest if you have to.
If it’s a dark spirit that causes accidents then try to be with a spirit that saves lives and prevents damage…